HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
KOLIBRI BISHOP FAQ
- The Kolibri Bishop serial number is a string of numbers and letters unique to your unit that helps us identify your product and look up information regarding this specific product. Please look to the underside of your unit for the serial number.
- An example serial number is shown below. The format will always be the same, 6 numbers, followed by ‘BSHP’ and ending in 5 numbers: ######BSHP#####
The below cleaning guide is available as a printable document listed in the Documents section of this page.
- First, make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged
- Insert nozzle on can of compressed air through the front insertion slot approximately 1/4 of an inch to blow away any debris that may have accumulated inside the unit
- Wipe away dust with a soft microfiber cloth from both the front and back slots.
- Plug the unit back in and turn the machine on to reset the device.
*Do not inser tthe nozzle more that 1/4 inch into the unit as it may damage the sensor mechanisms inside the Kolibri Bishop unit*
Refer to the photos below showing the exact location for cleaning the Kolibri Bishop.
Note: Several factors can cause a Kolibri Bishop to not recognize a genuine bill:
- Bills are not inserted the proper way with the correct face and orientation
- Overly wrinkled, overly creased, and overly worn bills
- Dropping the unit or bumping into the unit during use
- A harsh change in temperature
- Extended period of non-use
- Improper maintenance or lack of preventative maintenance/cleaning
If, after cleaning all sensors, this does not resolve the issue, please see the support section on the Kolibri USA website at www.KolibriUSA.com, or contact Kolibri Support at email@example.com for further troubleshooting.
- Kolibri suggests that the user cleans the unit at least once per week. For heavy use locations and operations, the user may clean the unit daily to avoid heavy buildup that may cause improper operation. When the unit is not in use, Kolibri suggests that the user covers the unit with a dust cover.
There are 2 main reasons why a unit would jam:
- Bills are very worn, torn, ‘soft’, or in folded. In this situation, the bills may crumple in the bill path and get stuck. To resolve it, correct or remove the bills if they are severely wrinkled, damaged or folded.
- Sensors or bill path is blocked. To resolve it, turn off the unit, then open the lid. Use an air duster or soft brush to clean the interior sensors of the bishop. See section 3.1 “MAINTENANCE”. Look for any foreign objects inside the unit (paper clips, rubber bands, etc.). Remove foreign objects, then close the lid tightly and finally turn the unit back on.
- The Kolibri Bishop is designed to detect and flag any counterfeit notes. This unit provides UV (ultraviolet), MG (magnetic), and IR (infrared) anti-counterfeit feature detections. To learn more about detection techniques, please refer to Section 9: What do MG, UV and IR stand for? What’s the difference?
- There are 3 main counterfeit detection techniques used in the Kolibri Bishop:
- MG – Magnetic Feature Detection – US currency uses specific magnetic ink at exact locations to provide a unique magnetic signature on each denomination note. By scanning each bill for the presence and location of these features, the Kolibri Bishop is capable of detection the minute magnetic signals present on these bills and will flag any notes that do not have these features present, in the correct locations. Certain counterfeit notes do not have the same features and will be rejected by the Kolibri Bishop as ‘EE 1’ ‘EE2’ or ‘EE3’.
- UV – Ultraviolet Feature Detection – Certain features are hidden to the naked eye on all US currency. In order to detect these features, the Kolibri Bishop has special ultraviolet emitters and sensors capable of detecting the exact ultraviolet anti-counterfeit features built into each denomination note. The Kolibri Bishop scans each bill for the presence and accuracy of these features and fails any bills not meeting these criteria.
- IR – Infrared Feature Detection – Similar to UV, US currency contains hidden infrared features that can only be detected by infrared illumination and detection. The Kolibri Bishop scans each bill for the presence and accuracy of these features and fails any bills not meeting these criteria.
There are a few reasons that a genuine bill may be flag as suspect.
- Bills are inserted with a slight skew causing false rejects or inserted an improper way. Make sure the bills are inserted properly with the correct orientation and face of the bill in the proper direction, according to section 2.4 “Authenticating a bill” of the user manual.
- If sensors are dirty or damaged, the unit will not be able to detect the necessary anti-counterfeit features needed to verify currency as genuine.
- If bills are worn, bent, torn, or crumpled, the anti-counterfeit features needed to verify a bill as genuine may be compromised. For example, the magnetic ink on a note may wear overtime or heavy use, reducing the magnetic response to below detection thresholds.
- Another possible reason is that the detection sensors may be incorrectly calibrated, lost reference, or be under operating conditions that cause false positives. If this occurs frequently under normal operation, please contact Kolibri support for troubleshooting or service.
- Yes, the Kolibri Bishop uses advanced sensing to determine the denomination of the notes being scanned. In Value Mode, the denomination of the scanned bill is displayed in the middle of the screen if bill is recognized. In Count Mode, the unit will display the total number of bills counted in the bottom right of the screen and the total denominational amount counted in the middle of the screen.
- Yes, the Kolibri Bishop keeps count of the total number of bills scanned while it is in Count Mode.
- The Kolibri Bishop does not come with a battery. It can only be operated by using an AC/DC power adapter.
- The warranty of this unit covers manufacturing defects, and unit related failures that occur during normal operation following the specific guideline set forth in the user manual. Kolibri is not responsible for errors or failures caused by improper use, mishandling, liquid spills on the unit, foreign object damage, units which have been opened/tampered with, or damage caused by improper maintenance, storage, or transportation.
- Please contact Kolibri support through our webpage and provide a description of the failure.
- Required information include:
- Your contact information so we may respond.
- The product serial number – To find your serial number refer to Section 2: Where is the serial number for my unit? What does it look like?
- The subject of your request
- A brief description of the failure that has been encountered
- Contact Kolibri support through our webpage at https://kolibriusa.com/contact/ and create a support ticket. The customer service representative assigned to your ticket will respond with troubleshooting techniques, or arrange for an on-site repair at our facility.
- Please visit https://kolibriusa.com/contact/ to create a ticket.
If you cannot find the support topic you need, please contact our customer service.