HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
The Kolibri KCS-2000 serial number is a string of numbers and letters unique to your unit that helps us identify your product and look up information regarding this specific product. Please look to the underside of your unit for the serial number.
An example serial number is shown below. The format will always be the same, 6 numbers, followed by ‘KCS3’ and ending in 5 numbers: ######KCS3#####
The below cleaning guide is available as a printable document listed in the Documents section of this page.
Kolibri suggests that the user cleans the unit at least once per week. For heavy use locations and operations, the user may clean the unit daily to avoid heavy buildup that may cause improper operation. When the unit is not in use, Kolibri suggests that the user covers the unit with a dust cover.
There are 2 main reasons why a unit would jam:
- There are too many coins in the hopper, or a foreign object block the paddle drive to rotate. In this situation, turn off the machine and remove manually the coins from the hopper and the foreign object if any.
- There is a foreign object on the distribution plate inside the machine. To resolve it, turn off the machine. Remove the three housing screws and carefully lift up the housing (refer to section 3.1 of the user manual). Remove any foreign objects or coins from the distribution plate (refer to section 3.1 of the user manual). Turn the unit on and restart counting.
|ERROR Code||CAUSE||Corrective action|
|E1 – E8||A counting sensor may have collected dust, or is obscured by a foreign object.||Cleaning the counting sensor using an air duster and cleaning swab. Inspect coin outlet openings for possible foreign material that may be present (rubber bands, paper, etc.).|
|E9||Run sensor does not detect rotation of the coin platter.||Clean the running sensor. If the error persists, contact Kolibri Technical Support.|
|EA||Coins present in the hopper when the machine/distribution wheel is turned on or defective coin sensor.||Press the “START/STOP” button to clear the error. Empty any coins in coin trays back into the hopper. Inspect the interior of the machine for possible foreign material that may be preventing the coin platter from rotating. If the error persists, contact Kolibri Technical Support.|
The KCS-2000 coin tubes allow you to sort coins directly into preformed paper bank roll wrappers. To use the coin tube attachments, perform the following steps:
1. Press and hold the ‘’+’’ button for three seconds until ‘’L’’ is shown on the display to program automatically each coin denomination for bank coin roll amounts.
2. Remove the coin tray(s) for the denomination coins that will be using coin tubes.
3. Insert the appropriate preformed paper wrapper completely into the tube with the crimped side on the bottom.
4. Attach the coin tubes to the KCS-2000 by gently sliding each tube into the proper slot in the base of the machine. For more details look at the section 2.6 of the user manual.
Use preformed coin wrappers. Avoid flat wrappers.
Kolibri do not sell coin wrappers.
The KCS-2000 counts and sorts the coins based on their diameter.
The KCS-2000 does not count or sort half dollar coins. The KCS-2000 is designed to count and sort the following USD coins: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, $1.
The coin will be stuck in the inside the machine. Refer to the section 3.1 of the user manual to remove it.
The KCS-2000 is not designed to count and sort foreign coins. If a foreign coin gets his way into the machine, it will either fall into a random bin or be stuck in the machine depending on the size of the coin. Note: Canadian pennies (phased out in 2013) have the same diameter as the US pennies, therefore they will be counted and sorted as US pennies.
Yes, the KCS-2000 keeps count of coins until you either clear the count or turn off the machine.
The KCS-2000 always displays the total value counted on the main screen. By default, it displays as well the number of coins counted for each denomination on the report screen.
To display the total value of each denomination counted, press the ”REPORT” and ”+” buttons simultaneously. A ”T” will be display on the screen. To switch back to the number of coins counted, press again the ”REPORT” and ”+” buttons simultaneously.
The warranty of this unit covers manufacturing defects, and unit related failures that occur during normal operation following the specific guideline set forth in the user manual. Kolibri is not responsible for errors or failures caused by improper use, mishandling, liquid spills on the unit, foreign object damage, units which have been opened/tampered with, or damage caused by improper maintenance, storage, or transportation.
Please contact Kolibri support through our webpage and provide a description of the failure.
Required information include
- Your contact information so we may respond
- The product serial number – To find your serial number refer to Section 2: Where is the serial number for my unit? What does it look like?
- The subject of your request
- A brief description of the failure that has been encountered
Contact Kolibri Support through our webpage at http://kolibriusa.com/contact/ and create a support ticket. The customer service representative assigned to your ticket will respond with troubleshooting techniques, or arrange for an on-site repair at our facility.
Please visit http://kolibriusa.com/contact/ to create a ticket.
If you cannot find the support topic you need, please contact our customer service.