HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Type: Counterfeit Detector
Bill Insertion: 4-direction
Display: 2.4″ TFT
Recognizes Denominations: Yes
Counting Speed: < 1 second/bill
Power: DC12V – 500mA
Unit Weight: 1.3 lbs (0.59 kg)
Unit Dimensions (L x W x H): 6.9″ x 5″ x 3.2″ (175 mm x 128 mm x 81 mm)
Counterfeit Detection: UV, MG, IR
Modes: Value, Pass/Fail
On-screen Report: Yes
Allows Print: No
The Kolibri KCD-2000 is offered exclusively on our seller page through Amazon. View the latest information and sales page here: Kolibri KCD-2000.
- The Kolibri KCD-2000 serial number is a string of numbers and letters unique to your unit that helps us identify your product and look up information regarding this specific product. Please look to the underside of your unit for the serial number.
- An example serial number is shown below. The format will always be the same, 6 numbers, followed by ‘D3111’ and ending in 5 numbers: ######D3111#####
- The below cleaning guide is available as a printable document listed in the Documents section of this page.
- First, make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged
- Perform the cleaning of each sensor, one step at a time (a to c), and check after each step if this resolves the issue. If it does not, proceed to the next cleaning step.
a) Wipe away dust with a soft microfiber cloth or a soft-bristled brush.
b) Clean the sensors using a can of compressed air
c) Clean the sensors with a cotton swab lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol – gently wipe the sensors with the swab.
Refer to the photos below showing the location of the KCD-2000 sensors. For each sensor, follow the steps as described above.
- Ultraviolet Sensors (UV)
- Infrared Sensors (IR)
- Magnetic Sensors (MG)
- Start Sensors
ULTRAVIOLET (UV) SENSOR:
Locate the 2-part START sensor as shown below. These pair of sensors are seated between the IR Sensors (white line) and MG Sensors (metal bar).
INFRARED (IR) SENSOR:
Locate the two lines of sensors on the lower part (white line) and upper part (line with holes) of the bill track as shown below.
MAGNETIC (MG) SENSOR:
Locate the 2 magnetic sensors, which looks like a small metal bar and are found at the back left of the bill track as shown below.
Locate the 2-part start sensor as shown below. These pair of sensors are seated in the front part of the unit, between the 2 rollers.
Note: Several factors can cause a KCD-2000 to not recognize a genuine bill:
– Overly wrinkled, overly creased, and overly worn bills
– Dropping the unit or bumping into the unit during use
– A harsh change in temperature
– Extended period of non-use
– Improper maintenance or lack of preventative maintenance/cleaning
- Kolibri suggests that the user cleans the unit at least once per week. For heavy use locations and operations, the user may clean the unit daily to avoid heavy buildup that may cause improper operation. When the unit is not in use, Kolibri suggests that the user covers the unit with a dust cover.
There are 2 main reasons why a unit would jam:
- Bills are very worn, torn, ‘soft’, or in folded. In this situation, the bills may crumple in the bill path and get stuck. To resolve it, correct or remove the bills if they are severely wrinkled, damaged or folded.
- Sensors or bill path is blocked. To resolve it, turn off the unit, then open the lid. Use an air duster or soft brush to clean the interior sensors of the KCD-2000. See section 5.1 ‘’MAINTENANCE’’. Look for any foreign objects inside the unit (paper clips, rubber bands, etc.). Remove foreign objects, then close the lid tightly and finally turn the unit back on.
|UV SUSPECT||Suspect bill detected with UV||We recommend passing a bill through the detector at least 3 times in different orientations prior to rejecting the note as suspected or counterfeit.|
|MG SUPECT||Suspect bill detected with MG.||We recommend passing a bill through the detector at least 3 times in different orientations prior to rejecting the note as suspected or counterfeit.|
|IR SUSPECT||Suspect bill detected with IR.||We recommend passing a bill through the detector at least 3 times in different orientations prior to rejecting the note as suspected or counterfeit.|
|DOUBLE SUSPECT||Suspect bill detected with thickness.||We recommend passing a bill through the detector at least 3 times in different orientations prior to rejecting the note as suspected or counterfeit.|
|SIZE SUSPECT||Suspect bill detected with size.||We recommend passing a bill through the detector at least 3 times in different orientations prior to rejecting the note as suspected or counterfeit.|
|Check UV||Issue with the UV Sensor.||Clean or replace the sensor. See section 5.1 “MAINTENANCE”.|
|Check MG||Issue with the MG Sensor.||Clean or replace the sensor. See section 5.1 “MAINTENANCE”.|
|Check IR||Issue with the IR Sensor.||Clean or replace the sensor. See section 5.1 “MAINTENANCE”.|
|Check MOTOR or PULSE||Issue with the motor or encoder.||Contact Kolibri’s technical service center.|
- The KCD-2000 is design to detect and flag any counterfeit notes, even the ‘’Superdollars’, the most sophisticated counterfeit bills on US market. This unit provides advanced UV (ultraviolet), MG (magnetic) and Infrared (IR) anti-counterfeit feature detections.
- There are 3 main counterfeit detection techniques used in the KCD-2000:
- MG – Magnetic Feature Detection – US currency uses specific magnetic ink at exact locations to provide a unique magnetic signature on each denomination note. By scanning each bill for the presence and location of these features, the KCD-2000 is capable of detection the minute magnetic signals present on these bills and will flag any notes that do not have these features present, in the correct locations. Certain counterfeit notes do not have the same features and will be rejected by the KCD-2000 as ‘MG SUSPECT’
- UV – Ultraviolet Feature Detection – Certain features are hidden to the naked eye on all US currency. In order to detect these features, the KCD-2000 has special ultraviolet emitter and receiver sensors capable of detecting the exact ultraviolet anti-counterfeit features built into each denomination note. The KCD-2000 scans each bill for the presence and accuracy of these features and fails any bills not meeting these criteria as ‘UV SUSPECT’.
- IR – Infrared Feature Detection – Similar to UV, US currency contains hidden infrared features that can only be detected by infrared illumination and detection. The KCD-2000 scans each bill for the presence and accuracy of these features and fails any bills not meeting these criteria as ‘IR SUSPECT’.
There are a few reasons that a genuine bill may be flag as suspect.
- Bills are inserted with slight skew causing false rejects. Make sure the bills are inserted properly, according to the section 2.3’’INSERTING THE BILL’’ of the user manual.
- If sensors are dirty or damaged, the unit will not be able to detect the necessary anti-counterfeit features needed to verify currency as genuine.
- If bills are worn, bent, torn, or crumpled, the anti-counterfeit features needed to verify a bill as genuine may be compromised. For example, the magnetic ink on a note may wear over time or heavy use, reducing the magnetic response to below detection thresholds.
- Another possible reason is that the detection sensors may be incorrectly calibrated, lost reference, or be under operating conditions that cause false positives. In order to reduce these error types, please follow the calibration procedure available as a printable document listed in the Documents section of this page.
If this occurs frequently under normal operation, please contact Kolibri support for troubleshooting or service.
- Yes, the Kolibri KCD-2000 uses advanced sensing to determine the denomination of the notes being scanned. In Value Mode, the denomination of the scanned bill is displayed in green in the middle of the screen if bill is recognized. In Pass/Fail Mode, the unit will not display the denomination of the scanned bill, but just PASS or FAIL depending if the bill is recognized or not.
- Yes, the KCD-2000 keeps count of bills scanned. To see the count, press the ‘’REPORT’’ button. Available in Value Mode only.
- The KCD-2000 only works using a power adapter. The battery solution does not work in the United States.
- The warranty of this unit covers manufacturing defects, and unit related failures that occur during normal operation following the specific guideline set forth in the user manual. Kolibri is not responsible for errors or failures caused by improper use, mishandling, liquid spills on the unit, foreign object damage, units which have been opened/tampered with, or damage caused by improper maintenance, storage, or transportation.
- Please contact Kolibri support through our webpage and provide a description of the failure.
- Required information include
- Your contact information so we may respond
- The product serial number
- The subject of your request
- A brief description of the failure that has been encountered
- Contact Kolibri Support through our webpage at https://kolibriusa.com/contact/ and create a support ticket. The customer service representative assigned to your ticket will respond with troubleshooting techniques, or arrange for an on-site repair at our facility.
- Please visit https://kolibriusa.com/contact/ to create a ticket.
If you cannot find the support topic you need, please contact our customer service.