HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
KBR-1500 V2 FAQ
Type: 1-Pocket Mixed Bill Counter, Sorter and Reader
Loading Style: Top
Display: Color Graphic TFT Screen 3 1 /2″ (additional external display included)
Recognizes Denominations: Yes
Counting Speed: 800/1,000 Bills per minute
Hopper Capacity: 500 bills (uncirculated)
Stacker Capacity: 200 bills (uncirculated)
Unit Weight: 13.1 lbs (5.9 kg)
Unit Dimensions (L x W x H): 9.25″ x 10.82″ x 9.25″ (235 x 275 x 235 mm)
Counterfeit Detection: UV, MG, IR
Modes & Features: Mix, Sort, Count, Auto/Manual, Add, Batch, Add+Batch
On-screen Report: Yes
Printer Compatible: Yes (external printer not included)
The Kolibri KBR-1500 is offered exclusively on our seller page through Amazon. View the latest information and sales page here: Kolibri KBR-1500.
The KBR-1500 V2 serial number is a string of numbers and letters unique to your unit that helps us identify your product and look up information regarding this specific product. Please look to the underside of your unit for the serial number.
An example of serial number is shown below. The format will always be the same, 6 numbers, followed by ‘R2611B’ and ending in 6 numbers: ######R2611B######
To properly clean your unit please follow the information in the PDF document below:
KBR-1500 V2 Cleaning Procedure
If, after cleaning all sensors, this does not resolve the issue, please see the support section on the Kolibri USA website at www.KolibriUSA.com or contact Kolibri Support at support@KolibriUSA.com for further troubleshooting.
- Kolibri suggests to clean the unit at least once per week. For heavy use locations and operations, it is recommended to clean the unit daily to avoid heavy buildup that may cause improper operation. When the unit is not in use, Kolibri suggests to cover the unit with a dust cover.
- If there is too much force on the motor, it automatically shuts off and displays the “JAM” error code. Jamming may be caused by the following cases:
- If bills are fed incorrectly, have foreign objects (like clips, tape, staples, etc.) on them, or if the bill enters the path crookedly, these may cause the KBR-1500 to JAM.
- If frequent jamming occurs and the item listed above is not the issue then you may to adjust the feed gap of the KBR-1500.
See documents below on how to properly load and how to adjust the feed gap for the KBR-1500 V2
If, after trying the above solutions, you are still facing issues with jamming, please submit a support ticket at www.KolibriUSA.com/contact or email us at support@KolibriUSA.com for additional information or assistance.
- Sometimes, during transportation or shipment of the unit, the adjustment of the feed mechanism may loosen. This can also happen during normal wear or tear and can lead to DOUBLE, CHAIN, or HALF errors. The feed gap is the actual height of the bill feed path, and should be tuned to just about the thickness of a single bill. If the feed gap is too wide, the user may experience a high amount of DOUBLE and CHAIN errors which are caused by more than one bill entering the scanning path at one time. If the feed gap is too tight, the unit may not be able to pass bills into the scanning path, or catch on bills and tear them. See PDF document below for proper procedure on how to adjust the feed gap for the KBR-1500 V2:
KBR-1500 V2 Feed Gap Procedure
If, after adjusting the feed gap, the issue still persists then please see the support section on the KolibriUSA website at www.KolibriUSA.com or contact Kolibri Support at support@KolibriUSA.com for further information or assistance.
|UV SUSPECT||Suspect bill detected by ultraviolet detection or UV detection issue||Remove top bill from stacker. This bill is not added to count. Press start to continue.|
|MG SUSPECT||Suspect bill detected by magnetic detection or MG detection issue||Remove top bill from stacker. This bill is not added to count. Press start to continue.|
|IR SUSPECT||Suspect bill detected by infrared detection or IR detection issue||Remove top bill from stacker. This bill is not added to count. Press start to continue.|
|IMAGE SUSPECT||Image of the bill is not genuine||Remove top bill from stacker. This bill is not added to count. Press start to continue.|
|LOWER LEFT COUNTING SENSOR||Issue with the lower left counting sensor||Clean the sensor. See section 5.1 Maintenance for location of sensors.|
|UPPER LEFT COUNTING SENSOR||Issue with the upper left counting sensor||Clean the sensor. See section 5.1 Maintenance for location of sensors.|
|ENCODER SENSOR||Issue with the encoder sensor||Restart the machine. Make sure rollers are turning and nothing prevents them from turning. If not resolved contact Kolibri Technical Service|
|START SENSOR||Issue with the start sensor||Clean the sensor. See section 5.1 Maintenance for location of sensors.|
|BACKDOOR OPEN||Backdoor not securely closed||Ensure backdoor is closed. Press start to continue.|
|HALF NOTE||The last counted bill doesn’t confirm size of the bill or bill might be torn or folded||Ensure top bills in stacker are standard size and or not folded. Remove all bills from stacker. Not added to count total. Recount.|
|CHAIN ERROR||Two or more bills passed as one||Ensure bills are loaded properly. Remove all bills from stacker. Not added to the count total. Recount.|
- The Kolibri KBR-1500 V2 is designed to detect and flag any suspected counterfeit notes. This unit provides UV, MG, and IR anti-counterfeit feature detection. To learn more about detection techniques, please refer to Section 9: What do MG, UV, and IR stand for? What’s the difference?
- There are 3 main counterfeit detection techniques used in the majority of discriminators and detectors:
- MG – Magnetic Feature Detection – US currency uses specific magnetic ink at exact locations to provide a unique magnetic signature on each denomination note. By scanning each bill for the presence and location of these features, the KBR-1500 V2 is capable of detection the minute magnetic signals present on these bills and will flag any notes that do not have these features present, in the correct locations. Certain counterfeit notes do not have the same features and will be rejected by the KBR-1500 V2 as ‘SUSPECT’.
- UV – Ultraviolet Feature Detection – Certain features are hidden to the naked eye on all US currency. In order to detect these features, the KBR-1500 V2 has special ultraviolet emitters and sensors capable of detecting the exact ultraviolet anti-counterfeit features built into each denomination note. These are referenced against known-genuine currency and used to flag any notes that do not display the correct UV features on the suspect notes.
- IR – Infrared Feature Detection – Similar to UV, US currency contains hidden infrared features that can only be detected by infrared illumination and detection. The KBR-1500 V2 scans each bill for the presence and accuracy of these features and fails any bills not meeting these criteria as ‘SUSPECT’.
- There are a few reasons that a detector may flag genuine currency as suspect. If bills are worn, bent, torn, or crumpled, the anti-counterfeit features needed to verify a bill as genuine may be compromised. For example, the magnetic ink on a note may wear over time or heavy use, reducing the magnetic response to below detection thresholds. If the KBR-1500 V2 cannot verify the correct features expected on a note, the unit will flag that currency as ‘SUSPECT’.
- If sensors are dirty or damaged, the KBR-1500 V2 will not be able to detect the necessary anti-counterfeit features needed to verify currency as genuine.
- Another possible reason is that the detection sensors may be incorrectly calibrated, lost reference, or be under operating conditions that cause false positives. In order to reduce these error types, it is advised to operate the unit out of direct sunlight and reduce interference that may cause sensor errors. If this occurs frequently under normal operation, please contact Kolibri support for troubleshooting or service.
The Ultraviolet (UV) and Infrared (IR) of the unit are calibrated properly from the factory. With regular, basic use, the sensor’s sensitivity decreases which can lead to ID errors. To resolve this issue, the unit can be re-calibrated using the white calibration card that came with the unit. See below for a PDF document on how to properly calibrate the KBR-1500 V2:
KBR-1500 V2 Calibration Procedure
If after you have calibrated the KBR-1500 V2, and issues still persist, please visit www.KolibriUSA.com and submit a support ticket, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and assistance.
- One of the most common reasons for miscounting is improper loading of the currency to be counted. In most cases the KBR-1500 V2 will display an error and prompt the user to reload the currency.
- The second most common reason for improper counting is poor maintenance of the unit. Each sensor needs to be clean and free of debris to operate correctly. Due to the complexity of the sensing mechanisms, the unit must be able to sense all features which are expected on genuine currency. Both ‘SUSPECT’ errors, and wrong denomination may occur if sensors are obscured.
- In rare cases, electromechanical failure of the unit will cause all notes to be sensed incorrectly. For frequent, repeatable improper denomination errors, please contact Kolibri Support for repair.
- Depending on the mode the unit is set to, the number of rejects may vary greatly. For example, in sort mode of a highly mixed stack of notes, ALL notes which do not match the first bill passed through the unit will be rejected.
- Yes, the Kolibri KBR-1500 V2 uses advanced sensing to determine the denomination of the notes being scanned and automatically counts the correct total of the currency being counted, or sort out notes as the user specifies. Depending on the mode, when undesired note passes all sensors, count stops, appropriate message displays on TFT screen.
- Yes, the Kolibri KBR-1500 V2 uses advanced sensing to determine the denomination of the notes being scanned.
- The KBR-1500 V2 uses a F2A250V 20mm Length by 5mm Diameter fuse just under the AC power inlet (where the power cord inserts to the back of the unit). Check this fuse if the unit does not power on. If replacing the fuse does not solve power-on issues, please contact Kolibri Customer Service.
- The warranty of this unit covers manufacturing defects, and unit related failures that occur during normal operation following the specific guideline set forth in the user manual. Kolibri is not responsible for errors or failures caused by improper use, mishandling, liquid spills on the unit, foreign object damage, units which have been opened/tampered with, or damage caused by improper maintenance, storage, or transportation.
- Please contact Kolibri support through our webpage and provide a description of the failure.
- Required information include
- Your contact information so we may respond
- The product serial number – To find your serial number refer to Section 2: Where is the serial number for my unit? What does it look like?
- The subject of your request
- A brief description of the failure that has been encountered
- Contact Kolibri Support through our webpage at https://kolibriusa.com/contact/ and create a support ticket. The customer service representative assigned to your ticket will respond with troubleshooting techniques, or arrange for an on-site repair at our facility
- Please visit https://kolibriusa.com/contact/ to create a ticket.
If you cannot find the support topic you need, please contact our customer service.